YOU SHOULD ASK
WHEN LOOKING FOR A FLAT
1. When is the property available?
2. Is it a fixed-term tenancy or a periodic tenancy?
3. How much is the rent?
4. How much bond is required?
5. Is the property fully furnished?
6. What whiteware (eg. washing machine, refrigerator, microwave, etc) is included?
7. Is it close to transport? Shops? University?
8. How many people are allowed to live in the property?
9. Will I need a Flat/House sharing agreement?
10. Does the property get morning or afternoon sun?
11. Is the property energy efficient?
12. How secure is the property? Are there deadlocks or an alarm?
13. Who is responsible for mowing the lawn?
14. Is there a garage or on-street parking available?
15. Is it OK to smoke inside?
16. Are pets allowed?
17. What’s the neighbourhood like?
18. Does the landlord have any references?